Connect with GeoNet Rapid
With the addition of GeoNet Rapid, there are some new ways that you can connect with us online.
Get custom earthquake notifications from GeoNet Rapid, direct to your Android (2.2+) device for free!
This fetches earthquake information from GeoNet Rapid and displays it on your Android device in a list or map view. You can chose to display All quakes or My Quakes based on location and intensity.
The frequency of updates is configurable. We've done everything we can to minimise the background data usage but we still recommend that you keep an eye on the application to make sure it isn't using more data than you are comfortable with.
In addition to the official GeoNet News page, we now have a number of GeoNet Bloggers:
- Read about any and all things GeoNet related on GeoNet - Shaken not stirred.
- Get the inside view on GeoNet geekdom at GeoNet Dev.
- Keep up to date with the science and technology behind GeoNet with GeoNet - Science in Action.
We have two new automatic twitter that you can follow:
- @geonet_felt tweets the first automatic location for potentially "felt" quakes.
- @geonet_all tweets the first automatic location for all detected quakes. Beware, with over 15,000 earthquakes located each year, this will be extremely verbose.
We also have two new RSS feeds that you can syndicate:
You can still catch up with us in all the usual places: